Heading out on a road trip soon? Give me a minute to tell you why using Hotels.com on our 3 week road trip worked so well for us!
With so many websites to choose from, booking hotel rooms can be pretty overwhelming. So I wanted to find a site that I was comfortable and familiar with before heading out on our 4600+ mile journey this summer. As I am sometimes a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kinda gal, I knew I would be booking hotel rooms last minute at some locations, so I was looking for a site that would accommodate my procrastination too.
Turns out, Hotels.com worked perfectly on our road trip. Here’s why:
1. Unless arrangements are made for me, I book last-minute. As a natural-born procrastinator, I tend to wait until the last minute to book things (yes, I know that is dumb.). And on our trip, there were a few instances where we didn’t know exactly where we would be until the day before. So, I really liked the flexibility of booking last minute on Hotels.com.
2. With my last-minute-ness, I still want a good deal. Who doesn’t, right? Each time I booked a hotel room on our trip, I found the best prices on Hotels.com. Before I left on our trip, I did a lot of comparison shopping for a room in the San Diego area. It just so happened that the week we were visiting was the same week at ComicCon. And that made it pretty hard to find a room under $400. Seriously. Hotels.com made it very easy to search surrounding areas and book a room in the San Marcos area – at a newly-refurbished hotel that was FAB. And a very good price……
3. Hotels.com is super easy to use. This is my favorite feature. Type in your city and date and everything available pops up. No messing with the specific area of town or guessing how many stars you want. Hotels.com shows it all. You can also search by a particular hotel or brand too.
Hotels.com offers reviews and location information right on the front page. All the information you need to make a decision is listed right below each property. Neat and easy to read, I found the style was appealing. There were very few distracting sidebar ads to keep me from my task.
4. Hotels.com has a smart device app. I loved seeing all the info I needed and booking directly from my iPhone. We all understand how convenient that is. Enough said.
5. Hotels.com offers Welcome Rewards for repeat customers. I love utilizing loyalty programs and as I was going to be staying at hotels my entire trip, I might as well be earning a free night stay. Welcome Rewards is super easy to use and free to join. For every 10 nights a member stays at a Hotels.com Welcome Rewards hotel, they get one night free. The site boasts over 85,000 eligible hotel properties to choose from, so you can essentially earn free nights on vacation or business. And I love the fact that there are not blackout dates to use your free nights on.
Hotels.com is worldwide and boasts the best prices. I can’t necessarily claim that I saw that, as I focused on quickly booking using a site I was comfortable with. And personally, as a mom of 3 busy kids, I needed to find a good deal and book fast – like under 10 minutes fast. And Hotels.com provided that for me. And I’m well on my way to earning a free night….woo-hoo!
Hotels.com provided us with 2 Welcome Rewards stays to utilize on our trip. All other booking on their site was made on my own accord and expense. All opinions are my own.