SeaWorld San Antonio has transformed into a winter wonderland for its annual SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration, happening daily from December 17 to January 1. Visit the park to see five million colorful holiday lights and, new this year, meet Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and friends.
What has 250 acres of twinkling lights, festive live entertainment, rides for the whole family, and holiday photo ops galore? SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration, a special annual event that fills the park with the sights and sounds of Christmas! Here are a few of the special seasonal perks you can enjoy at SeaWorld through the end of the year.
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, and his lady friend, Clarice, welcome guests to play games, take pictures, and ride The SeaWorld Express train through the Island of Misfit Toys!
There are photo opportunities around every corner, including a 12-foot tall snow globe where guests can pose for professional pictures (or just fool around, as the case may be).
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration: Christmas Lights
SeaWorld San Antonio opens at 1 p.m. for the Christmas Celebration, but you’ll want to stick around until after the sun sets to really enjoy the park’s twinkling trees, lights tunnel, and fun selfie spots. With five million lights, SeaWorld boasts the largest Christmas light display in Texas!
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration: Holiday Shows
Think you’ve seen all of SeaWorld’s live shows? Think again! The Christmas Celebration features three pop-up musical shows and seven Christmas shows. Special holiday shows include Clyde & Seamore’s Countdown to Christmas, a comedy caper performed by Santa’s sea lion helpers, Elmo’s Christmas Wish featuring Rosita, Grover, Zoe and Cookie Monster, and A Pets Ahoy Christmas showcasing rescued dogs, cats and other animals. Be sure to download the free SeaWorld app so you can see the show times and plan your day!
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration: Know Before You Go
- Most rides are open (excluding the water attractions), but some of the hours of operation vary. Consult the map you get upon arrival before making the trek across the park.
- Some of the seasonal attractions, like The Island of Misfit Toys, also have varying hours, so again, check the map when you arrive to plan your route.
- All of the live shows and the Christmas lights are included with admission, but bring extra money for treats like hot cocoa and carnival games.
- Bring your own camera to take advantage of the many photo ops throughout the park.
- Bring $20 for parking.
- Plan ahead if you would like to buy tickets for special event extras like Dinner with Rudolph or Dinner with Santa.
- You can find a map of the Christmas Celebration attractions here.
For more information, visit the SeaWorld San Antonio website.