10 Fun Father’s Day Ideas in Austin, TX
1. iFly Austin – For an experience Dad won’t forget, take him indoor skydiving at iFly – but watch out, it is addictive – he might be taking up a new sport once he tries it!
2. Top Golf – Take Dad to one of newest hip spots in town. Top Golf features 102 bays to play this point-scoring golf game that I hear is fun and addictive. This family-friendly atmosphere features food & drinks. Grab a gift certificate for Dad or plan a fun afternoon outing.
3. Battle Bot Challenge at Science Mill – Take dad for a fun day out to the Science Mill in Johnson City to “outmaneuver, outsmart and out-flip dad this Father’s Day at Battle-Bot Challenge. Challenge dad to a Flipper-Bot match or test your wrestling skills in the Sumo-Bot ring. Learn robotics as you battle to see who earns the title of robot champion! Event is free with admission.
4. K1 Speed – Nothing like a good, fun go-cart race with Dad! K1 Speed offers the best ride in town, with your choice of fast and not-as-fast carts to race.
5. Water Bikes – The easiest way to enjoy the lake is on a bike. Take dad on an Austin Water Bikes ride. and is quickly become a popular sport here in the ATX. It’s easy to do and loads of fun. Spend the afternoon paddling around Town Lake then grab a quick bite to eat in downtown Austin.
6. Father’s Day at the Rowing Dock – Spend the day on Lady Bird Lake with dad in a canoe, kayak, or paddle board. The Rowing Dock has a fun event planned with prizes.
7. Father’s Day Concert with the Austin Symphonic Band – Celebrate Dad in a fun way – spread out your blanket on the Zilker Hillside and listen to the band play familiar tunes at this FREE concert. Sunday, June 21, 2015 – 7:30pm – 9:00pm
8. Blue Starlite Urban Mini Drive In– Did you know we have a drive-in here in Austin? And they are hosting fun Father’s Day Weekend showings with Indiana Jones & Raiders of the Lost Ark – classic, great DAD movies! Check the schedule here.
9. Cypress Valley Canopy Tours- Another fun experience to do as a whole family – take Dad on this gorgeous eco-tour at Cypress Valley Canopy Tours.
10. Father’s Day Weekend at Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa – One of our favorite resorts has perfect amenities to make it a weekend all about DAD.
Happy Father’s Day to all those amazing Dads out there. We hope it is a relaxing yet fun day with your family!