Last weekend, I was able to sneak away from the house with just my husband and enjoy a Couples Weekend at the Lakeway Resort and Spa just outside of Austin, Texas. It’s not often I write about going on vacation without your children, but I do recognize the importance of getting away with just your significant other. It was such a fantastic way to reconnect and relax – I recommend everyone try to get away.
And for those of you who live in the Central Texas area, the Lakeway Resort & Spa is the perfect place to go. Located just west of Austin, right on Lake Travis, this resort is set away from the hustle and bustle of the city, so you really are “getting away from it all”. The Lakeway Resort offers so many great amenities that make you feel pampered and relaxed.
Here are 5 Reasons YOU should book a Couples Weekend at the Lakeway Resort & Spa:
1. The Pool – The Lakeway Resort features a 3-level infinity pool for 21 and over. As much as we all love our children, it is really nice to lay by a pool and not hear them (sorry!). The bar is conveniently located right in the pool with lots of great sitting areas. One of our favorite things to do was hang on the edge of the infinity pool and gaze at the lakeview.
There are plently of chaise lounges available to sunbathe and read. Our routine was to bake in the sun while reading, grab a drink, and hit the pool….over and over and over….
2. The Sunset – Lakeway Resort has lots of different vantage points to see this gorgeous Texas Sunset. Whether it be from the balcony off your room to Happy Hour on the Back Porch to the pool, there is something so relaxing about this view.
3. Masterson’s Steakhouse – We enjoyed the sunset along with a terrific steak dinner from Masterson’s the evening we stayed. Lakeway’s new restaurant, Masterson’s has a gorgeous bar and seating on the deck outdoors. The staff was attentive and the meal was delicious. It was really nice to have such a wonderful meal on site and not have to travel anywhere.
4. Coffee on the Balcony – I love a serene view with a steaming cup of coffee in my hand, don’t you? The view off our room was beautiful (don’t make any cracks about the water levels being down, as there was plenty of activity to watch on the lake!). Just being able to sit and have a nice conversations with no children asking for breakfast was the most delightful way to start my day!
5. San Saba Spa – Unbeknownst to me, my sweet hubby booked us a couple massage at Lakeway’s San Saba Spa. The Spa is beautiful and relaxing with gorgeous porches to sit on before and after your treatments. The massages were wonderful – totally a great way to wind down before heading back out to the pool for the day.
All in all, the Lakeway is a terrific place to get away for an overnight or weekend trip. I love my children, and I love having great adventures with them, but it was really nice to have adult conversations and bond with my sweet husband with no distractions. We both needed it. I can;t recommend enough the importance of getting away with your significant other and the Lakeway Resort & Spa has all you need to make it exceptional.
The Resort offers so much more than I have mentioned here – check out their Romance Packages if you want to jazz up your stay even more. And they are always having great weekend specials, look at their Back to School limited time offer.
So do it – find someone to watch the kids and book your weekend away – you won’t regret it!!
Disclosure: The Lakeway Resort & Spa offered me a media rate for our stay. All opinions are my own.