Atlanta was our second stop on our #Austin2Boston road trip this summer. We wanted to visit Atlanta to see their aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, and their new Civil Rights Museum and our trip was the perfect time to stop and learn more about this fun city. We were looking to stay at a location in Atlanta that was convenient to downtown and lucky for us the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway had the perfect accommodations.
The Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway is located right next to the Atlanta Airport and just 15 minutes from downtown. I actually enjoyed this location as it was nice to be away from the fast pace of downtown, and to be frank, the high cost of staying downtown. Despite it’s name, we did not hear airplanes flying over us at all. The rooms were very quiet. And for those who are traveling out early on a flight, this is a perfect location, as a tram will take you directly from the lobby to the airport.
A Room Tour
We stayed in a guest room with 2 double beds. We found it to be spacious and clean with a large bathroom. The beds have a pillow top mattress and feather pillows that we all sunk right into after a long day of sight-seeing. There was room to fit a roll-away bed or crib if needed. And the rooms had a refrigerator and a safe. I liked the vibrant, modern colors of the lobby and rooms as well.
What we Liked About Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
- The rooms were large and spacious
- We travel with a cooler, so we enjoyed having a Mini fridge in our room
- The windows are “sound-proof” so you don’t hear the noises of the airport
- Stay on the concierge level and enjoy access to the weekday Concierge Lounge with continental breakfast and finger foods. The lounge is not open on weekends.
- The hotel features 2 restaurants – Champions & Greatroom – both casual atmospheres.
- The Marriott had a nice indoor pool and attached fitness facility.
- The lobby had an excellent coffee bar
- Marriott will match and give you 25% off the best rate you can find on other sites, so look around before you book. Details here.
What You Need to Know About Atlanta Airport
- The hotel is located 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta and most attractions
- Valet Parking is less than $20.00 a day or a self-parking garage is attached to the hotel, giving you easy access in and out
- WiFi is not complimentary
- Water is available in the rooms for a small fee
We felt the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway was a quiet and restful stay for our visit to Atlanta. We enjoyed being away from the fast-pace of downtown and the accommodations suited our family of 4 perfectly.
Disclosure: My family was invited to stay at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway and were provided with a complementary stay. I was not compensated for this review. All opinions are my own.