The annual Texas Book Festival – a free event held on the lawn & area surrounding the Texas State Capitol – is going to be held on Saturday, October 27 and Sunday, October 28, 2018. We have attended many times and it’s a fantastic way to hear from your favorite authors & find new books.
October 27 & 28, 2018
Texas State Capitol Building
The 23rd annual Texas Book Festival is a free event that celebrates authors held over 2 days on the Texas State Capitol grounds. This year, it has over the largest number of authors in it’s history, over 250 authors at book readings, signings, and panel discussions as well as exhibitor booths, live music and themed events.
Established in 1995 by First Lady Laura Bush, the Texas Book Festival has quickly evolved into one of the “premier literary events in the country.” It honors and features over 250 Texas and nationally-known authors. The schedule is packed with events – from sessions discussion author’s books to story time and puppet shows for little ones.
The schedule is packed full with fun events to attend, including some new ones. Check out the Lit Crawl held on Saturday night – last year, they had 3 different crawls to choose from, including one for the whole family with R.L. Stine. There are authors from all genres featured – biography, mystery, cooking, politics, etc. Click here to see the full schedule.
Please check the Texas Book Festival website for a full schedule – you will be amazed at how much there is to do!
This is such an awesome opportunity for kids to meet the authors behind some of their favorite books and learn about new favorite authors too. We can’t wait to go!
About the Texas Book Festival:
- Sessions are FREE and open to the public, with a first come, first serve policy
- When the sessions are full, no one will be allowed in, so come early to ensure a seat
- No food or drinks allowed in the Capitol, but a food tent will be on grounds
- Children’s Book Tents & Area can be found at Congress & 10th – 8th Streets
- Proceeds from book sales help fund the festival, therefore all books to be signed MUST be purchased at the Barnes & Noble Sales tents. (a receipt must be presented)
- FREE parking will be available at the event at the following locations:
- Granger Parking Garage (12th & Guadalupe)
- Capitol Visitor Garage (12th & Trinity)
- State Lots 8 & 11 (15th & Colorado)
- State Garage A (14th & San Jacinto)
- State Garage F (13th & San Jacinto)
- State Lot 15 (9th & Colorado)