Dallas, Texas is full of fun things to do with kids! There really are a lot of fun choices. That’s why I thought it would be fun to ask my children, from their perspective, what they liked best to do in Dallas.
I asked my 12 and 10 year old their favorites and why, and this is what they said:
1. Dallas Zoo – This Zoo has been around for a while and typically would have never made our list for the Top 5. However, the Dallas Zoo has added some really amazing features and upgrades that make it a must see. Our whole family loved feeding the giraffes – we couldn’t get enough of it. We watched them train lions and get the elephants to “show off” for us. The animal interactions are top notch here.
2. Perot Museum of Nature & Science – Arguably the best Nature & Science museum in the State – and country – we were thrilled at how much there is to do here. We soared like an eagle, felt an earthquake, programed robots and raced against a cheetah – it’s a fantastic museum.
3. Dallas Cowboys Stadium Tour – Daily tours are available to see and hear about this architectural marvel. I didn’t think it would mean much to my kids, but I was wrong! They really enjoyed their tour – from the locker rooms to the very top!
4. Klyde Warren Park – This is a new park that was built over the top of a freeway in downtown Dallas. My kids really enjoyed just hanging out in a park that provided books, board games, ping pong, foosball, and more. It’s a totally new concept for a public park and a great place to relax one morning.
5. Medieval Times – I had serious doubts that I would enjoy our “dinner theatre” at Medieval Times. I couldn’t have had more fun! We cheered on our knight and enjoyed every moment of our dinner. It was such a fun ending to our great time in Dallas.
For a complete listing of fun things to do in Dallas, click here.
Other Top 5 Things to Do Lists in Great Texas Cities: