Happy Father’s Day!! Stumped for a unique gift idea to get the main man in your life? Here are 10 Fun ideas you can get here in Austin for Dad. And if you live elsewhere (I’m sorry…) maybe these ideas will give you a bit of inspiration.
10 Fun Father’s Day Gifts in Austin
1. Top Golf – Take Dad to one of newest hip spots in town. Top Golf features 102 bays to play this point-scoring golf game that I hear is fun and addictive. This family-friendly atmosphere features food & drinks. Grab a gift certificate for Dad or plan a fun afternoon outing.
2. Bud Light Cedar Park Rodeo – The Cedar Park Center is featuring two nights of professional rodeo action, followed by a night of pro bull riding on June 21, 22, and 23. Get tickets for the whole family to enjoy,
3. iFly Austin – For an experience Dad won’t forget, take him indoor skydiving at iFly – but watch out, it is addictive – he might be taking up a new sport once he tries it!
4. Austin Aztec Game – Austin has it’s very own PDL soccer team playing all summer long. We are a soccer family, so we enjoy the sport, but it is an easily enjoyed game. The Aztec have several home games to choose from all summer long.
5. SUP – huh? That’s Stand Up Paddle boarding and is quickly become a popular sport here in the ATX. It’s easy to do and loads of fun. Spend the afternoon paddling around Town Lake then grab a quick bite to eat in downtown Austin.
6. Man of Steel – We do happen to have some pretty great movie theaters in town – you know, ones that allow you to order yummy food and sit comfortably – What better movie to take Dad to see than one about Superman?? Try show times at Flix Brewhouse, Alamo Drafthouse, or iPic at the Domain.
7. Lake Travis Zipline Adventures – Another fun experience to do as a whole family – take Dad on the longest zipline in Texas out at Lake Travis Zipline Adventures!
8. Father’s Day Concert with the Austin Symphonic Band – Celebrate Dad in a fun way – spread out your blanket on the Zilker Hillside and listen to the band play familiar tunes at this FREE concert. Sunday, June 16, 2013 – 6:00pm – 8:00pm
9. BBQ – Of course, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach…right?? Even if it’s not, we have amazing choices for BBQ in this town. Take Dad to Franklin’s here in East Austin or trek all the way out to Salt Lick in Driftwood. Where ever Dad’s fav BBQ is, make a fun family meal out of it.
10. Father’s Day Weekend at Hyatt Lost Pines Resort & Spa – One of our favorite resorts was just renovated this past spring and is looking great. Take dad out for the weekend to enjoy Dad & Me Pedicures at Spa Django, Golf Specials, and a great BBQ Chop House Buffet just for him.
Happy Father’s Day to all those amazing Dads out there. We hope it is a relaxing yet fun day with your family!