For a fun afternoon of hands-on exhibits and creativity, the Fort Worth Museum of Science & History is the place to go. Located in the Cultural District of Fort Worth, just west of downtown, FWMSH has plenty of fun things for ALL ages to enjoy. From the Children’s Musuem, to the DinoDig to the Planetarium, all of my kids (and mom) really liked this museum.
Here are TEN Fun Things You can do at the Fort Worth Museum of Science & Nature:
1. Lie on a Bed of Nails – It’s not everyday you can say you comfortably laid on a bed of nails – find out how you can do this at the Innovation Studios.
2. Find a fossil in the DinoDig – In an outdoor garden, find all the tools you need to uncover a few dinosaur fossils.
3. See the Stars with Elmo – The Noble Planetarium features fun shows that run daily. We enjoyed “One World, One Sky: Big Bird’s Adventure” which was perfect for my 3 year old. But I would have opted for “Our Amazing Solar System” for the older ones, had he not been with us.
4. Rustle up some steer – The Cattle Raisers Museum teaches you the history and science of cattle ranching. We enjoyed learning how to herd cattle while sitting on a horse in an interactive game.
5. Take a “bath” in a dino foot print – The DinoLabs exhibit gives children hands on representation on how scientists study dinosaurs and fossils. You can’t miss the life-sized Paluxysaurus jonesi, the Texas State Dinosaur.
6. See a Movie on the “Big Screen” – At anytime, you can view a great movie in the Omni Theater, IMAX Dome. There are great educational shows and current movies playing here. Check here for current offerings and showtimes.
7. Power Up a City – We loved learning how different forms of energy can be used to power a city. Watch how wind can be used to light up a baseball field in this fun model. Found in the Energy Blast Exhibit.
8. Fly a Plane – My son wanted to stay the whole time in the Air Park – where he could build a paper airplane and fly it, see what materials create the best parachute, or make a windmill out of tinker toys. It was his favorite spot in the museum.
9. Drive an Ambulance – The Fort Worth Children’s Musuem is the special area of FWMSH dedicated to children from birth to 8. With a shopping area, train-table, life-sized bus, and many more fun things, it’s the perfect spot to catch a quick rest and let the little ones play.
10. Check out the Traveling Exhibition – When we visited in January, we saw the Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition and it was fantastic. Coming up May 25, CSI: The Experience where you can be a forensic scientist. Sounds fun!
And here’s a quick look at all of the fun we had at the Fort Worth Museum of Science & History!