Martin Luther King Day is January 20, 2014. Take advantage of the kids day off of school and do something different!
Here are 5 Fun Things to Do on MLK Day in Austin 2014:
1. Take part in the MLK Community March, Festival, & Food Drive: The March begins at the MLK Statue on the UT Campus at 9 am and goes to the Huston-Tillotson University, with a stop at the State Capitol. The Festival begins when the march arrives and includes all types of vendors and local musical artists.
2. Check out a FREE Museum: The LBJ Presidential Library is offering free admission on Martin Luther King Day and is a great place to learn about Texas Political History. The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is offering free admission the entire month of January – if it’s a nice, sunny day, this place will be fun!
3. Take the kids out for a day of Geocaching: If the weather looks to be nice and sunny on Monday, this will be the perfect opportunity to take the kids out geocaching. Doesn’t cost a dime and everyone LOVES a good treasure hunt. We have everything you need to get started here.
4. Let’s go to the Circus! The Ben Hur Shrine’s Circus is at the Cedar Park Center all weekend long and have 2 shows on Monday as well (11:30 am & 3:00 pm). We are hosting a giveaway for free tickets here. Click here for a free ticket for your child. You can find tickets by clicking here.
5. Take the whole family to check out Thinkery: Take this day to check out the newest children’s museum in Austin. It’s new building is so well done, you will spend hours here. It’s great for all ages – including Dads!!