Most schools are out on Monday, February 17, 2014 for President’s Day. Last year I gave you 5 fun ideas of things to do with the family —> Well, here are 5 more!
Here are 5 Fun Things to Do on President’s Day in Austin:
1. TopGolf: This fun & exciting way to play golf is FUN for everyone. Make sure you make a reservation – the wait for a bay can be long if you don’t have one.
2. Find as many Austin Murals as you can! Last Spring, I put together a fun scavenger hunt to find as many Austin murals as you could. IF you haven’t tried it yet, now is the perfect opportunity! And there are some newer murals you may find – make sure you send me a picture if you do! Tweet me @rwetheryetmom
3. Check out the Thinkery: Austin’s newest children’s museum, The Thinkery is fantastic. This updated museum moved to a new location and has even more exhibits for every age – my older kids really enjoyed making planes and launching them, building on a tinkering wall, and creating things out of hot wax. Check out our visit here.
4. iFly Austin: The coolest way to catch the sensation of skydiving without having to jump out of a plane, iFly Austin is SO much fun!! Great for the entire family, iFly is affordable and makes for a great memory.
5. Austin Urban Adventure Quest! Using your smartphone, you can download an Austin adventure race that you can take on your own pace. My children & I tried it out this summer and really had a great time learning all about downtown and the history of Austin. We saw things we had never noticed before. This is really fun to do with older kids – 10 and below might get bored.
So now you have 10 ideas of something fun to do – go plan it!