Martin Luther King Day is January 16, 2017. Take advantage of the kids day off of school and do something different!
Here are 5 Fun Things to Do on MLK Day in Austin 2017:
1. Take part in the MLK Community March, Festival, & Food Drive: The March begins at the MLK Statue on the UT Campus at 9 am and goes to the Huston-Tillotson University, with a stop at the State Capitol. The Festival begins when the march arrives and includes all types of vendors and local musical artists.
2. Check out a FREE Museum: The LBJ Presidential Library is offering free admission on Martin Luther King Day and is a great place to learn about Texas Political History.
3. Take the kids out for a day of Geocaching: If the weather looks to be nice and sunny on Monday, this will be the perfect opportunity to take the kids out geocaching. Doesn’t cost a dime and everyone LOVES a good treasure hunt. We have everything you need to get started here.
4. Let’s go to the Circus! The Ben Hur Shrine’s Circus is at the Cedar Park Center all weekend long and have 2 shows on Monday as well (11:00 am & 4:00 pm). You can find tickets by clicking here.
5. Take the whole family to check out the Hill Country Science Mill: This new-ish museum in Johnson City is an absolute GEM! Geared mainly toward middle schoolers and above, even the younger kids will find some cool exhibits to get excited about – my kindergartner loved the cars and the HUGE art sculpture out back. Here’s 9 things we enjoyed about it!