I get lots of questions about the Rodeo, so here are 5 Tips to Make Rodeo Austin a Great Experience:
1. Look for deals on the Carnival tickets! Your kids want to ride all the rides and the BEST way to go is with an unlimited wristband. There is a Spring Break discount March 11 – 15, 2013, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., which offers unlimited daily rides at $23 for adults and $20 for children. Wristbands are only good from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Spring Break Discount Wristbands only available for purchase at the gate.
2. Go Early and on a Weekday! Get there right at 11, when the gates open and you will experience much smaller lines. Most are going for the rodeo events in the evening, so you will really be able to take advantage of that unlimited wristband by going early.
3. Look at the Schedule of Events and Make a Plan! While there were not many Rodeo events to watch during the day, there is TONS of fun activities for the kids, including the Swifty Swine Pig races, H-E-Buddy Petting Zoo, Pony Rides, and the Kidtown. You do not want to miss these fun and free events!
4. Bring lots of Cash – Most of the food vendors take cash, so you will want plenty, as the food is pricy. There are ATM machines available if you need more. Also, keep in mind that you pay to park and admission to the Fairgrounds, in addition to the ProRodeo and Concert tickets.
5. Bring a Stroller for little ones – There is a lot of walking and standing, so bring a stroller for little ones – it’s also a great place to stash some waters and snacks!!