1. Travel 180 feet below the surface and see the amazing underground structures in the Natural Bridge Caverns – Discovered in the 1960’s, this is a definite Texas treasure. The 75 minute tour flies by as you witness jaw-dropping, natural works of art. There is plenty of other activities to do there as well, including a climing tower, zip line, and panning for gold!
2. Go on an African Safari in your own car at the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch – Right next door to Natural Bridge Caverns is this fun Wildlife Ranch filled with 500 native, exotic, & endangered animals. Meander through the 400 acres in the comfort of your own car – what fun way to view all the wildlife!
3. Conquer your fears at the Texas Exotic Animal & Snake Farm – Check out scorpions, spiders, lizards, and many…many snakes, as well as lemurs, peacocks, and other fun animals outside. There are great educational shows and feeding times that you don’t want to miss!
4. Check out this one-of-a-kind theme park in San Marcos, Wonder World – Where else can you see an earthquake-formed natural cavern, take a train-ride through some waterfalls, or defy gravity? At this unique, family fun park!
5. See why water is so important to Texans at the Aquarena Springs – take a historic 30 minute glass-bottomed boat tour and learn about the importance of our natural springs and water conservation.
6. Stop in Gruene for lunch at the Grist Mill – A relaxing lunch in a beautiful setting, over looking the Guadalupe River, you must have a plate of their onion rings!