Looking for some Fun Family time in Austin? Here are a few of our favorite ways to get your History on in Austin:
1. Visit the Texas State Capitol – make sure you check out the whispering gallery and wave hello to Lady Liberty!
2. Get your Texas History straight at the Bullock Texas State History Museum – make sure to catch one of the Texas movies on the IMAX – our favorite is Texas: The Big Picture
3. Take a free guided Walking Tour of Historic Austin – the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau offers free tours of the historic buildings on Congress Ave & 6th Street. You only think that building on 6th Street was always a bar….. Don’t have time for the guided tour? Download the guide and take it yourself!
4. Spend time at the beautiful LBJ Library & Museum located on the University of Texas campus – Learn the history of our 36th President and why he means so much to Texas.
5. Check out life in the 1800’s at Pioneer Farms in Northeast Austin – see and smell Texas history first-hand with living docents and hands-on exhibits.
6. Go somewhere historic for lunch – Check out the historic Driscoll Hotel while eating at the 1886 Cafe & Bakery or go a little funkier and dive into the meatloaf at Threadgill’s