End distracted driving with the new Backseat Wally, an inventive way to keep kids from backseat bickering, it’s what you need before heading out on your next road trip.
I don’t know about y’all but my 3 kids like to argue and bicker and whine and tattle…..yep, they sound like real gems, don’t they? But after 10+ hours in the car, no one is perfect. And despite all the road trips we take, there will always be those moments where you want to pull the car over to the side of the road and get serious. Am I right?
Surprisingly enough, according to a distracted driving study, children are 12 times more distracting to a driver than talking on a cell phone. And that’s not just on long road trips. The same study also found that during an average 16-minute car trip, drivers are distracted by their children for an average of 3 minutes and 22 seconds. In other words, because of their kids, parents are not paying attention to the road more than 20% of the time.
What is Backseat Wally?
The inventive new Backseat Wally is a great way to prevent or even stop this type of distraction that parents face while driving. The Backseat Wally is a secure padded divider that provides physical and visual separation between young passengers during car rides. Two fathers, Scott Cahall and Bob Kiesow, recognized the problem and designed a solution to make car rides less stressful – for everyone.
- Fast and secure installation in the center rear seat using only existing safety belt. No tools or additional parts required.
- Dense foam cushion is exceptionally strong but very light, so it can be moved in and out of the car easily, while a non-slip, rubberized fabric at key contact points gives Backseat Wally a firm hold on both the seat and the safety belt.
- Available in six stylish colors to complement the interior of any vehicle and made of premium stain-resistant fabric that is easily cleaned.
- Universal design works with sedans, SUVs, wagons, etc.
- Convenient storage pockets for both kids.
As a mom who has been there before, I think Backseat Wally is a brilliant idea. I showed it to my older 2 kids (who are now 15 & 13) and they both thought it would have been “fun” to have had Backseat Wally when they were younger. My son said it would be like having his “own area of the car without having to share with my sister.” Ok, we see how he really feels….
Backseat Wally Giveaway
The owners of Backseat Wally are kind enough to give away one to my friends! If you are interested in receiving this cool product, please enter below. Giveaway will begin on Monday, February 22, 2016 and last thru Sunday, March 6, 2016. Winner will be randomly drawn on Monday, March 7 and notified via email. Good luck!