Mad Science hosts innovative and creative summer camps in the Austin & San Antonio areas this summer and are a great option to keep your kids’ minds working this summer – in a unique & fun way. Take a look at this cool summer camp:
With summer upon us, it’s time to get serious and book some summer fun for our kiddos! My kids like different and creative fun when it comes to summer camps, they want more than the typical day camp. And I want them to come home bubbling with excitement over their day. Sounds like Mad Science is a great option!
Mad Science Summer Camp
Mad Science camps are designed with exciting, fun and hands-on science activities. Children will design, create, build and assemble a variety of interesting projects. Nine different camp themes are available including robots, rockets, spy academy, camp eureka and more!
Mad Science’s mission is to spark the imagination and curiosity of children by providing them with fun, hands-on and educational activities. Central Texas youth have been “edu-tained” with our week-long science-themed camps since 1997. Children (ages 4 – 12 years) become junior Mad Scientists for the week, with the opportunity to experience a variety of science adventures.
Campers will be able touch, see, hear, smell and taste what science is really all about. Mad Science camps are a scientifically fun time for everyone from the smallest scientist (in our pre-school camp), to the aspiring rocket scientist, robot engineers and even the undecided scientist. With nine completely different camp weeks to choose from there is a camp that every child will love. Camp week themes include: Science Explorations, Moving with Science, Secret Agent Lab, Rockin’ Rockets, Wings and Things, Let’s Get Growing, Red Hot Robots, Spy Academy and Camp Eureka.
Each camp has two instructors to ensure there is always a helping hand nearby. Instructors are specially trained in Mad Science programming and have experience working with elementary children. Inquiry-based learning techniques that involve the campers in individual, small group and large group activities allow both the youngest of campers and the most advanced campers to enjoy our learning environment. Every camp location has is a CPR and first aid certified instructor. All Mad Science instructors have criminal background checks.
Late pick-up is provided from 4:00pm – 6:00pm for the 7-hour per day camps for an additional fee. Early drop off is included for the 7-hour per day camps as early as 8:00am. All supplies are provided for campers. Full day campers do bring their own lunches. Junior Mad Scientists should dress comfortably and come ready to have fun!
Mad Science Camps: Austin
Mad Science Camps are available June 6 – August 19, 2016 at the following locations in the Austin area:
- Bryker Woods Elementary 3309 Kerbey Lane Austin, Tx 78703
- Dell Jewish Community Center 7300 Hart Lane Austin, Tx 78731
- Summit Elementary 12207 Brigadoon Lane Austin, Tx 78727
- St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church 8134 Mesa Drive Austin, Tx 78759
- Hope Presbyterian 11512 Olson Drive Austin, Tx 78750
- Austin Children’s Academy 12310 Ranch Road 620 North Austin, Tx 78750
- Deer Park Middle School 8849 Anderson Mill Road Austin, Tx 78729
- Mad Science Office 6120 Hwy 290 West Austin, Tx 78735
- Lakeway Activity Center 105 Cross Creek Austin, Tx 78734
- Bella Mar Community Center 12401 Bella Mar Trail Austin, Tx 78732
- Fern Bluff MUD Community Center 7320 Wyoming Spring Drive Round Rock, Tx 78681
- Gatti-Land 1112 North IH 35 Round Rock, Tx 78681
- Great Oaks Elementary 16455 Great Oaks Drive Round Rock, Tx 78681
- Blackland Prairie Elementary 2005 Via Sonoma Trail Round Rock, Tx 78665
- Bastrop ISD Campus TBD Bastrop, Tx 78602
Mad Science Camps: San Antonio
Mad Science Camps are available June 6 – August 19, 2016 at the following locations in the San Antonio area:
- Heintz School at Congegation Agudas Achim 16550 Huebner Road San Antonio, Texas 78248
- St. Margaret Episcopal Day School 5310 Stahl Road San Antonio, Texas 78247
- Northside Learning Center 6632 Bandera Road San Antonio, Texas 78238
- Parkhills Baptist Church 17747 San Pedro Avenue San Antonio, Texas 78232
- Cibolo Green Elementary 24315 Bulverde Green San Antonio, Texas 78261 – Register at:
- Redland Oaks Elementary 16650 Redland Road San Antonio, Texas 78247
- Timberwood Park Elementary 26415 South Glenrose Road San Antonio, Texas 78260
- Johnson Ranch Elementary 30501 Johnson Way Bulverde, Texas 78163
- Forest Hills Presbyterian Helotes, Texas 13200 Bandera Road 78023
- Freiheit Elementary 2002 FM 1101 New Braunfels, Texas 78130
You will find more details at http://austin.madscience.org or call 512-892-1143.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.