Whew! Did you survive the Christmas Holiday? Was it filled with hustle & bustle and now you’re ready for a real break?
We actually had a nice and quiet Christmas break and are looking forward to planning the New Years Festivities. There are a few things to do around here (Austin) as a family, but I discovered another fun place to go for the holiday that I wanted to share as well.
The JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa is offering fun events for New Years that has something for every age. Take a look:
- Crooked Branch Bar – Live music will be playing from Ben McPeak and his 5-piece band; dance floor open; champagne tasting bar and menu
- Family Gamecation – Families who play together will stay together: in the resort’s ballrooms with games galore and Games2U experiences for all ages
- Teen Scene Glow and Toast party – Glow sticks will light up the teen party with an 11 p.m. New York countdown and New Year’s cider toast. Movie and music will be playing!
- Children’s Pajama Party – Activities galore for ages 4 to 12 from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. that includes dinner, games, arts and crafts, movie with popcorn, New Year cider toasts at 9 pm and 11 pm
- New Year’s specialty dinners at three of our restaurants
- Lantana Spa specials for a soothing celebration or post holiday rejuvenation
- Golf to relax or challenge your game on one of the two TPC San Antonio PGA TOUR golf courses
“Named a Travel + Leisure’s 2011 top 50 Family Hotels, one of the 2011 Top 10 Family Resorts in Celebrated Living, a Travel + Leisure’s 2012 T+L 500 World’s Best Hotel and 2012 Top 10 Hotel for Value Overall and recently named to Fodor’s Top 100 Hotels in the Fun for All Ages category, this sophisticated but relaxed destination offers the ultimate hillside retreat with world-class service and amenities that families, singles and all age groups can enjoy. The resort brings a new level of luxury to the legendary Texas Hill Country.”