As we all patiently wait for the sun to peek out this Spring, there are some pretty fun events to look forward to in Austin!
1. The Three Little Pigs – We saw this production at ZACH Theatre on Opening Night and it is laugh-out-loud fun! A perfect show for ages 3 and up (even my middle schooler loved it), performances are on weekends for the general public. February 27 – April 25 2015
5. Westcave Star Party – The Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center hosts monthly star parties where for a small price, you can take a tour of the night skies with a high powered telescope. March 14, April 25, May 16, 2015
6. Woodland Faerie Trail – The Zilker Botanical Gardens have been invaded by faeries this Spring for the 3rd year and your invited to see their homes & gardens. Events such as a home tour, tea parties, flashlight trail tours, and more are fun for all ages! March 16- May 26, 2015
7. St. Patrick’s Day Festival in Austin – Billed as the “largest St. Patrick’s Day Event in Central Texas”, this festival includes local Celtic bands, Irish dancers, food, and all things to make your St. Paddy’s day FUN! March 17, 2015
8. Strawberry Picking at Sweet Berry Farms – The farm opens in Mid-March and strawberry picking lasts through May. This was one of my kids favorite activities last spring! Learn more about it here. anytime (except Wednesdays)
9. HONK! TX – Have you heard of HONK! TX yet? It’s a Festival of Community Street bands with a weekend full of Brass Band performances and parade all for FREE! Sounds fun! March 27 – 29, 2015
11. Round Rock Express Game – So many fun things going on up at the Dell Diamond from Kids Days (Sundays) to Dollar Dog Night (Mondays) to Fireworks Fridays. Check out their Full schedule seen here April 17 – September 7, 2015
12. Pictures in the Bluebonnets – Hands down, number one must do in the Spring – Click here to find a gorgeous patch of flowers and take a few shots. It’s a family tradition! anytime
14. Eeyores Birthday Party – This annual event is always a little controversial, but I say go! Everyone is invited to wear a costume, dance around the Maypole and help raise money for non-profit groups in Austin. Children events until 4 pm. April 25, 2015
16. A Day in the Hill Country – Take a free weekend day, drive a little bit west and you will find so much to do in the Hill Country! Hike up to the top of Enchanted Rock, have a piece of pie at Bluebonnet Cafe, walk inside a submarine at the National Museum of the Pacific War, or make some butter at the Sauer-Beckmann Living History Farm! anytime
17. Pecan Street Festival – Love Austin Love Art is what the annual event is all about. With over 275 artisans and vendors, the festival is great for families. Lots of performances, live music, food, and workshops. May 2-3, 2015
18. Lake Travis Zipline Adventures – Before it gets really hot, make sure you try out zip lining on the longest hipline in Texas – high over Lake Travis. Check out how much fun it is here. anytime
19. Austin Lemonade Day – Teach your children how to put their entreprenurial skills to work with a lemonade stand. May 2, 2015
20. Play a Round of Old-School Mini-Golf – Peter Pan Mini Golf takes you back in time with it’s whimsical 18-hole golf courses (two of them!). There’s not to many of them around the Austin area, so this is a fun treat for the kiddos – especially those who have never played mini-golf! anytime
21. Disney Rockin’ On Ice – Come see our favorite Disney characters take to the ice at the Cedar Park Center. May 7-10, 2015
22. Henry O. Pun-Off World Championships – Get ready for some corny puns and great laughs at the 38th annual Henry O. Pun-off World Championships, held in Brush Square behind the O. Henry and Susanna Dickinson Museums in downtown Austin. May 9, 2015
23. Drive in Movies – Did you know we have a Drive-in Theatre here in the ATX? The Blue Star Lite Drive In has some family friendly movies this spring. Go show the kiddos how we used to watch movies when we were kids! selected dates
24. Reckless Kelly Celebrity Softball Jam – Get out and enjoy a day of celebrity softball and concerts from tons of great artists at the Dell Diamond. Benefiting the Reckless Kelly Charitable Youth Foundation. May 31, 2015
25. Enjoy a Farmer’s Market – Spring is a great time to load up on fresh produce. Here is a small sampling of a few Farmer’s Markets we have in town….
Austin Farmer’s Market
Barton Creek Farmer’s Market
Cedar Park Farmers Market
With lists like these, do you ever wonder why anyone would choose to live anywhere else? Have a wonderful Spring y’all.