There is a sweet little town in between San Antonio and Austin that has a TON of fun things to do! New Braunfels, Texas is a German Town situated on a gorgeous river and is a destination you have to visit! So I thought it would be fun to ask my children, from their perspective, what they liked best to do in New Braunfels.
I asked my 12 and 10 year old their favorites and why, and this is what they said:
1. Schlitterbahn– To be honest, Schlitterbahn will be on everyone’s list – and it should be – we think it is the BEST water park we have ever been too. The New Braunfels location (and original) has 3 separate parks, the world’s longest water ride and it is incredibly affordable. It’s also a GREAT place to take the little ones for a fun day too- see why here.
2. Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch – As a family who loves to see animals, seeing them in their natural habitat at the Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch was really cool. Zebras, Ostriches, Rams, Deer, and many other fun animals would come right up to your car in a hunt for a snack (the park provides). You can drive through as many times as you want and there are different paths to take. We laughed our heads off at Grandma’s reaction to the ostrich!
3. Natural Bridge Caverns – Texas has many beautiful natural caverns to see, but Natural Bridge Caverns happens to be one of our favorites. The natural formations are really pretty and amazing to think how many years they took to form themselves. It’s also a great place to cool off in the heat of the summer.
4. Natural Bridge Canopy Challenge – My children really enjoyed climbing up 25 feet in the air on the various rope challenges at the Natural Bridge Canopy Challenge. The big bonus at the end (and what really motivated them) was the fun zipline down to the bottom.
5. McKenna Children’s Museum- Texas has a lot of great children’s museums and we really enjoyed the McKenna Children’s Museum. Lots of creative spaces to be a banker, play dress-up, fly in space, work in a hospital, and become an artist. My big guy enjoyed the outside where he created an elaborate track out of foam pieces.